- Product Description
1. A complete color detector that consists of a TAOS TCS3200 RGB sensor chip and 4 white LEDs. It can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors to a certain degree.
2. TCS3200 uses a 8- pin SOIC surface mount package.
3. Working voltage: 3-5V DC; PCB size: 2.4 x 2.8 cm.
4. Place the color sensor on the surface of an object and the color value can be displayed in the Serial Monitor.
5. Strong anti-interference ability; the white LED can be controlled on/off.
The sensor works based on the theory of three primary colors. Therefore, knowing the proportion you can get the color of the tested object. For TCS3200, when a color filter is selected, it only allows a specific primary color to pass through and blocks the other two colors. For instance, when the red filter is selected, only the light of red color can pass through and that of green and blue is blocked. Thus, the value of red light can be obtained. Similarly the values of green and blue light are obtained. Then, based on the three values, the color of light reflected to the TCS3200 sensor can be analyzed.
The TCS3200 sensor has 4 types of filter and the filter is selected based on the high/low of pin S2 and S3 on the module. Also, the output proportion of the four filters can be selected by S0 and S1, as 100%，20%, 2%, or power down.
The module is widely used in color digital camera, marine monitoring, atmospheric monitoring, color matching of color floor, etc.
More details can be found in WIKI.
- 1 * Color Sensor module