- Product Description
A mercury switch (also known as a mercury tilt switch) is a switch that opens and closes an electrical circuit through a small amount of liquid mercury.
When the module tilts, it outputs low and the corresponding LED lights up.
- A premium switch module suitable for beginners.
- Effective in environmental extremes.
- PCB size: 2.0 x 2.0 cm.
- Working voltage: 3.3-5V; with power light and signal output indicator.
- Compact size; with 3-pin anti-reverse cable included.
The module is mainly applied to tilt detection (e.g. burglar alarm).
More details can be found in http://wiki.sunfounder.cc/index.php?title=Mercury_Switch_Module
- Mercury switch module x 1
- 3-Pin anti-reverse cable x 1
Mercury is harmful to human body and environment. Thus, please be careful when using a mercury switch in case of glass breaking. It should also be properly handled when it's no longer used.