- Product Description
- Use an L298N by ST as the driver chip which is powerful in drive, low heat and high anti-interference performance
- Adopt a high-capacity filter capacitor and a freewheeling diode that protects devices in the circuit from being damaged by the reverse current of an inductive load, enhancing reliability
- The module can utilize the built-in stabilivolt tube 78M05 to obtain 5v from the power supply. But to protect the chip of the 78M05 from damage, when the drive voltage is greater than 12v, an external 5v logic supply should be used.
- Drive voltage: 5-35V; logic voltage: 5V
- PCB size: 4.2 x 4.2 cm. For more info, please refer to http://wiki.sunfounder.cc/index.php?title=Motor_Driver_Module-L298N
The L298 is a high voltage and high current dual full-bridge drive in a 15-lead Multiwatt and PowerSO20 packages. It features: high operating supply voltage up to 46V; large DC current, peak instantaneous current up to 3A, continuous operating current as 2A; rate power: 25W.
It has two H-bridge drives to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC and stepping motors. It uses the standard logic level signals for control. Two enable inputs are provided to enable or disable the device independently of the input signals. A logic power input is added so the internal logic circuit can work under a lower voltage. An external sensor resistor can be connected to provide the variation to the control circuit.
The L298N chip can drive a two-phase or four-phase stepping motors, or two DC motors.
The module can be applied to:
-Drive DC motors. Since the module uses a dual H-bridge drive, it can drive two motors at the same time.
-Drive stepping motors. It can also drive two stepping motors synchronously.
1 * Motor Drive-L298N module
When the drive voltage is 7V – 12V, you may use the on-board 5V for power supply and do not need to use the 5V pin. Instead you can use the 5V pin output as power for external devices. This is the normal application way for the module.