Sense HAT For the Raspberry Pi 3 / 2 / B+ / A+
Control the same hardware as used in space...build your very own Astro Pi with the new Raspberry Pi Sense HAT! The Raspberry Pi Sense HAT is attached on top of the Raspberry Pi via the 40 GPIO pins to create an Astro Pi. The Sense HAT has several integrated circuit based sensors that can be used for many different types of experiments, applications, and even games. And it's being used in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi Foundation to perform science experiments aboard the International Space Station (ISS)!
- Orientation (yaw, pitch & roll) via an accelerometer, 3D gyroscope, and magnetometer
The Sense HAT supports a whole host of projects for the Raspberry Pi, it can measure how fast is the Pi itself traveling (i.e. measure your speed), how hot is it? how humid is it? (air humidity), which direction is the Raspberry Pi facing? And more.
The 8x8 LED Matrix enables you to display the data from the various sensors, it can show you which way is geomagnetic North by programming a compass using the magnetometer or simply be used to play games like Tetris, Pong, and Snake with the joystick. The joystick can also be used to enable a human user to interact with the programs running on the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT.
Writing programs for the Sense HAT are very simple with a Python library available to get started quickly and easily. For a truly out of world projects check out the AstroPi website, containing a host of ideas and instructions.
- Gyroscope – angular rate sensor: +/-245/500/2000dps
- Accelerometer - Linear acceleration sensor: +/-2/4/8/16 g
- Magnetometer - Magnetic Sensor: +/- 4/8/12/16 gauss
- Barometer: 260 – 1260 hPa absolute range (accuracy depends on the temperature and pressure, +/- 0.1 hPa under normal conditions)
- Temperature sensor (Temperature accurate to +/- 2 degC in the 0-65 degC range)
- Relative Humidity sensor (accurate to +/- 4.5% in the 20-80%rH range, accurate to +/- 0.5 degC in 15-40 degC range)
- 8x8 LED matrix display
- Small 5 button joystick
- Raspberry Pi Sense hat x 1
- Mounting Screws x 4
- Mounting Nylon Standoffs x 4