This smart video car is a great kit to get started with the robot. We provide multiple parts, instructions, and code needed, so you can assemble them by yourself, with the help of the user guide, and thus enjoy the fun of making!
The car control can be realized on a PC with a Linux system, or you may also apply it in a Linux virtual machine.
In this kit, MJPG-streamer is applied for image capturing and video transmission in a real-time manner. You may view the video by the web browser on any device. Firefox and Google Chrome are recommended.
1) The Raspberry Pi is NOT included in the package; you can use Raspberry Pi 3 model B, 2 Model B and 1 Model B+ for control
2) You should apply 3.7V 18650 batteries that contains NO protective circuit board. If you use those with the board, when an overcurrent occurs, they will automatically cut off power for protection, which would suddenly shut down the Raspberry Pi. Thus, the smart car will stop working and the Raspberry Pi may be damaged.
3) If your batteries carry the protective board originally, you can just remove it for use.
- Easy Assembly- You'll need to build the car from scratch. The assembly is very easy, so you can have the fun of DIY and make a video car in a short time.
- APP Control- You can remotely control the smart car on the PC or on your Android phone conveniently, to explore a fascinating world with the car!
- Real-time image transmission- With the USB camera onside, you can view the image and video taken in a web browser on your device by WiFi in real time.
- Open Source Code-The code for the car is written in Python and entirely open source. You can change the code by yourself, and push your version on GitHub to share ideas. Sharing is everything!
- -Detailed user manual- An elaborately-written user manual is provided, including code explanation and thorough schematic diagrams.
Real-time image transmission
With the USB camera onside, you can view the image and video taken in a web browser on your device by WiFi in real time. The 2-axis pan-and-tilt servos enable the camera to film in a range of a hemisphere, for you to easily control the angle of filming videos and image.
You can remotely control the smart car both on a PC and on an Android phone, making it convenient for control. Then, just explore a fascinating world with the car! The application is available on Google Play.
Detailed user manual, Open Source Code, Component List
An elaborately-written user manual is provided, including code explanation and thorough schematic diagrams. Also we've published several video tutorials for operation. Therefore, you can apply the robot with both the printed book and online videos.
The code for the car is written in Python and entirely open source. You can change the code by yourself, and push your version on GitHub to share ideas. Sharing is everything!
- 1 Pack x Acrylic plates
- 1 Pack x Threaded fasteners
- 1 x Tower Pro Micro Servo SG90
- 2 x Gear Reducer
- 2 x Driven wheel
- 2 x Active wheel
- 1 x 16-Channel 12-bit PWM driver
- 1 x L298N DC Motor Driver Module
- 1 x Step-down DC-DC Converter Module
- 1 x USB Wi-Fi Adapter
- 1 x USB Camera
- 1 x Dual 18650 battery holder
- 1 x Ribbon
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Cross Socket Wrench
- Several Dupont Wires