This module contains an ultrasonic sensor to detect the distance to an obstacle in front. It is usually used on robots to avoid obstacles. With the two holes, it can be installed easily on the robot. The sensor detects obstacles 0.79 inch-275.6 inch away, though it keeps stable signal output within 196.85 inch and the signals become weaker and weaker when it gets farther away from the obstacle beyond 196.85 inch.
There is power indicator light added onside to indicate power on/off. The 3-pin design makes it unique among most of the ultrasonic module in the market: the same pin to trigger and receive signals. The 3-pin anti-reverse cable included make the wiring tighter and more convenient. Also the beautiful cartoon design and the red PCB add to its fascination.
For more information, refer to http://wiki.sunfounder.cc/index.php?title=SF-SR02_Ultrasonic_Module
- An ultrasonic module with a detecton range of 0.79 inch-275.6 inch; signals detected are stable within 196.85 inch, grow weaker beyond 196.85 inch and at last disappear.
- Better Than HC-SR04 in Performance.
- With a power indicator LED so you can tell whether it is powered.
- Auxiliary 4-pin anti-reverse cable, thus making the wiring tighter and convenient.
- Operating voltage: 5V; working current: 16mA.
Note: Pin NSE is to burn firmware to the chip when it's manufactured and does not need to use later. If you hear some slight noise during the application, it's fine.
- SF-SR02 Ultrasonic Module x 1
- 4pin anti-reverse cable x 1
Great Company, Great ProductBest distance sensor I've ever used, hands down. They don't lie when they say that it's better than the HC-SR04 in performance. The detection range is also something to be excited about because of how long it is. With the long range this makes this module ideal for robots especially because of the mounting holes which make it easy to put anywhere on your robot. This sensor also has a power indicator light which can make it stand out on your robot. The module even comes with hookupRead more wires for ease. All of this for only $7.99. An amazing product.