The PCF8591 is a single-chip, single-supply and low-power 8-bit CMOS data acquisition device with four analog inputs, one analog output and a serial I2C-bus interface. Three address pins A0, A1 and A2 are used for programming the hardware address, allowing maximum of eight devices connected to the I2C-bus without additional hardware. Address, control and data to and from the device are transferred serially via the two-line bidirectional I2C-bus.
- INPUT & OUTPUT - four channels for input, one channel for output.
- COMMUNICATION - communicate via Serial I2C bus for input and output.
- ANALOG VOLTAGE RANGE – from VSS to VDD, fit for your very needs.
- 8-BIT A/D CONVERTER - Use an 8-bit successive approximation A/D converter.
- SPECIFICATION - Working voltage: DC 2.5-6V; PCB size: 2.4 x 2.8 cm.
- For more information, please refer to http://wiki.sunfounder.cc/index.php?title=PCF8591_8-bit_A/D_and_D/A_converter_Module
- Single supply, low standby current
- Address by 3 hardware address pins
- Sampling rate is given by I2C-bus speed
- 4 analog inputs programmable as single-ended or differential inputs
- Auto-incremented channel selection
- Analog voltage range from VSS to VDD
- On-chip track and hold circuit
- Multiplying DAC with one analog output
- AD/DA Converter PCF8591 module x 1