- Product Description
An obstacle avoidance sensor mainly consists of an infrared transmitter, an infrared receiver and a potentiometer. According to the reflecting character of an object, if there is no obstacle, the emitted infrared ray will weaken with the distance it spreads and finally disappears. If there is an obstacle encountered by the infrared rays, the rays will be reflected back to the infrared receiver. Then the receiver detects the signal and confirms an obstacle in front.
- 3-Pin anti-reverse cable included
- Power light and signal output indicator included
- Output digital signals
- Use a comparator LM393 that works stably
- An Obstacle Avoidance Sensor applies the infrared reflection principle to detect obstacles.
- The detection distance of IR obstacle avoidance module is 3 ~ 30 cm.
- Adjustable detection distance (by a potentiometer on the module).
- Working voltage: 3-5V DC; PCB size: 2.0 x 2.0 cm.
- When there is an object in front which blocks and reflects the infrared light, the infrared receiver will receive signals and the indicator lights up; otherwise, it stays off.
The module is widely applied in obstacle avoidance robots and cars, and counting in an assembly line.
- Obstacle Avoidance Sensor module x 1
- 3-Pin anti-reverse cable x 1
Note: The obstacle should better be white.